Pages

Monday, January 24, 2011

So Much Grace

One of the biggest things about talking with Mormons is realizing how much I am covered in God's amazing grace, that He loved me so very much that He saved me, ME, gathered me into His fold and drew me close and called me His own. There is nothing that I can do as a fallen, sinful and depraved human being to earn God's grace, but it is only through the blood of Jesus on the cross that I can gain my salvation. while I was still a sinner, God chose to give up His one and only precious Son to die for me. What could ever surpass this? How can anyone ignore this grace? Why me, why did I get to receive this love?

"But if, in our endeavor to be justified in Christ, we too were found to be sinners, is Christ then a servant of sin? Certainly not! For if I rebuild what I tore down, I prove myself to be a transgressor. For through the law I died to the law, so that I might live to God. I have been crucified with Christ who lives in me. And the life I now live in the flesh I live by faith in the Son of God who loved me and gave himself for me. I do not nullify the grace of God, for if righteousness were through the law, then Christ died for no purpose."

Galatians 2:17-21

No comments: