Pages

Saturday, January 8, 2011

T-Minus... 2 days of growing anxiety??

Two days from now I will be loading into a multi-passenger van, fully equipped with pillows, snacks and a plethora of iPod playlists and embarking on the first leg of the journey to Utah in order to bring the Gospel of Jesus Christ to the Mormon populations there. Our team of about 20 students will be serving alongside Evangelical churches already stationed in Utah and also will be starting conversations with Mormons we meet on the streets, on college campuses, in institutes and at religious centers, such as Temple Square in Salt Lake City.

My heart has been breaking for the Mormon church ever since I built strong relationships with Mormons during my high school years and I've always wondered whether or not those individuals saw the light of Jesus in me. So as we are preparing to leave for this amazing adventure that God has put in front of us, I feel a mix of the excitement of the possibilities and also the weight of the reality that these people are living.

The training that I've received from my education at Biola has prepared me well and I know that God is going to use me in great ways, yet I there is a faint whisper rattling around in my head telling me to be nervous because I'm not really as prepared as I think. In the support letters that I sent out, I emphasized how extremely crucial it is that people pray for our team. We are about to engage with a religion that is based on lies and one that is widely accepted as 'morally' good by many and therefore deceptively being passed off as glorifying to God. Please, please, please continue in pray for our team, we can not do this alone! Thank you so much to those who have been giving support in many ways, I can't wait to return with stories of God's amazing love!

"For what we preach is not ourselves, but Jesus Christ as Lord, and ourselves as your sevants for Jesus' sake. For God, who said, 'Let light shine out of darkness,' made his light shine in our hearts to give us the light of the knowledge of God's glory displayed in the face of Christ.
But we have this treasure in jars of clay to show that this all surpassing power is from God and not from us. We are hard pressed on every side, but not crushed; perplexed, but not in despair; persecuted, but not abandoned; struck down, but not destroyed. We always carry around in our body the death of Jesus, so that the life of Jesus may also be revealed in our body. For we who are alive are always being given over to death for Jesus' sake, so that his life may also be revealed in our mortal body."

2 Corinthians 4:5-11

No comments: